Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
Before cloud computing
Suppose you want to host a website, then the following are the things you will need to do:
- Buy server stack
- high traffic? More servers
- Server monitoring and maintenance
- Stacker servers cost more
- Traffic is different
What is cloud computing?
Cloud Computing is:
- Storing data / applications on remote server
- Processing data / application from server
- Accessing data / application through internet
software as a service
- The cloud provider leases applications or software that their customers have
- Example: salesforce.com provides CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) to its customer on cloud infrastructure and charges them for it, but the software is owned by the sales company only.
Platform as a service
- No control over the underlying architecture including OS, storage, server etc.
- The cloud provider gives the customer the ability to deploy customer-created apps using programming languages, tools, etc. that are provided by the cloud provider
Infrastructure as a service
- Provides virtualized computing resources on the Internet
- No worries about the underlying physical machine
- Abstracting the user from the physical machine
- A service provider makes resources, such as applications and storage, available to the general public over the Internet.
- Easy and inexpensive set-up because the cost of hardware, applications and bandwidth are covered by the provider
- No wasted resources because you pay for what you use
- Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft azure