Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a branch of medical science that aims to restore the proper functioning of disabled or injured body parts. It is also called physical therapy. It refers to the treatment of any disease, injury or deformity. And all these can be treated by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment and exercise, rather than using medicinal medicines or performing any kind of surgery.
DPT Course Description
Diploma in Physiotherapy (DPT) is a medical nursing course, which is a professional course. This certification-course is completed in less than 2 years. The course consists of theoretical studies as well as practical sessions. This course can be classified under ‘Medical Course’ as well as ‘Paramedical Course’. So this means that DPT is related to physiotherapy and its allied health areas. During their work, students learn to treat patients with physical disabilities and injuries in a wide variety of settings, including hospitals, health centers, private practices, and sports clubs.
Eligibility criteria may vary for different institutions. Most institutions have 10 + 2 pass (science stream) as the minimum educational qualification. However, there are many institutes in India, which accept students even after 10th standard.
- To qualify for DPT Of course, students must have passed the 10 + 2 examination in science stream or its equivalent from any recognized board of education.
- Candidates should score a minimum of 45% (40% for SC / ST / OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and / or Mathematics.
- In some colleges, students have to appear for the entrance examination.
To apply for the course of diploma in Physiotherapy, candidates must first fill the application form. The admission process for a diploma in physiotherapy varies from one college to another. In most colleges, admission is given on the basis of marks obtained in class 10 and 12 board examinations. But there are many colleges in which admission is given on the basis of entrance examination.
- Universities / colleges will select the required candidates based on previous academic qualifications along with other factors defined in their admission policies.
- Some colleges may also include personal interviews or group discussions.
- Based on the overall performance of the candidates, including their previous academic record, performance in personal interviews and / or group discussion, candidates will be selected for admission.
- Based on their previous academic record, candidates will earn a score / rank in the merit-lists and be called for counseling procedures based on merit.
- Candidates are offered the choice of course and college selection.
- Admission will be granted to candidates, based on the course and college of their choice, the rank obtained in the merit list, and the vacancies available for a course and college.
- Depending on the admissions policy of any college, candidates have to appear for either the state-level entrance exam or the university-level entrance exam.
- After that the merit list with the name and score / rank of the candidates will be released by the authority.
- Depending on the rank / marks of the candidate, the course and college of their choice, and the slots available for the same will determine the admission of a candidate.
This list below contains examinations that may appear to a candidate
- JIPMER PG
- NEET PG
- AIIMS PG
- DNB CET
- AP EAMCET
- Mu oet
All candidates who wish to do a diploma in Physiotherapy course in India will have to pay an annual course fee of between ₹ 10,000 and ₹ 5,00,000. The diploma in physiotherapy course fee depends on various parameters such as who owns the educational institution, course and college popularity, college location, etc. Government colleges offering diplomas in physiotherapy are comparatively cheaper than those offered by a private institution. Same course.
These are some of the important subjects that a student will study during the course. (Not all topics are mentioned here.)
- Basics of physiotherapy
- Physiology and Anatomy
- First aid and nursing
- Clinical overview
- Exercise therapy
- Sports science and medicine
- Bone Disease
- Rehabilitation science
- Physiotherapy applications
- medical ethics
Along with class theory classes, practical sessions are also taken.
Other students and courses
After DPT, diploma holders are eligible to pursue the course
- BPT (Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy)
- BSc in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
After that, one can opt for Master of Physiotherapy course or PG Diploma in Physiotherapy course and PhD can also go for PhD. studies. Or you can also study PG management courses (eg MBA) after completion of Bachelor’s program.
Career Options and Job Prospects
Following are some popular job roles and fields of employment for candidates who have successfully completed their diploma in Physiotherapy.
- Rehabilitation Center
- Defense medical organization
- Colleges and Universities
- Colleges and Universities
- Pharmacy industry
- Private and government sector
- Orthopedics department
- Health Institute
- Assistant physiotherapist
- Self Employed Private Physiotherapist
- Sports physics rehabilitation
- Therapy manager
Salary depends on many factors. Some important factors are the profile of the employer, the grade obtained by the employer, the skills the employer has and the quality of the institution, one of which has completed its degree. Generally, the starting salary is around Rs 15,000–20,000 per month. With more experience, salary will increase. Overseas, the pay scale in India is much better than this. In case of a government sector job, the salary will depend on the pay scale and grade of the employee.