Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
Women Techmakers Scholars Program APAC 2020
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program (WTMSP) – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
A group of female undergraduate students (year 1 and year 2 only) will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s passion for technology, demonstrated leadership and academic background. All scholarship recipients will be granted a scholarship amount and invited to participate in a host of programs at Google. These programs will be a great opportunity to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of learning sessions.
Application deadline: April 30, 2020 at 23:59 SGT
- In 2020, the Women Techmakers Scholars Program will only be open for year 1 and year 2 undergraduate students.
- WTMSP is primarily open for students studying in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan and India.
- For students from all other regions in Asia Pacific, across undergraduate, post graduate and PhD levels, we have a host of other programs at Google that better align to local market nuances and needs. So we request you all to sign up here for these programs: https://services.google.cn/fb/forms/keepintouchwithus/.
To be eligible to apply to WTMSP, applicants must:
- Identify as female.
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Currently be an undergrad / bachelors program student in year 1 or year 2 only.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical fields.
- Demonstrate a good academic record and passion for technology.
The Scholars Program consists of the following elements:
- Scholarship : An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
- Retreat : An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development training and workshops.
- Community :An online network with fellow Scholars Program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
Join Our Groups For Latest Updates
Free Material to learn :