Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
In specialized graphics systems, we typically store, manipulate, and create various graphical diagrams, drawings, or images. Computer graphics has received various versatile applications in the fields of science, engineering, business, art, entertainment, medical science, advertising, education training etc.
What is computer graphics?
- Computer graphics refers to building storage, manipulation of pictures and drawing using a digital computer.
- Computer graphics has become an efficient tool for presentation of information which is very important therefore it is a tool with which we can present information in various fields and applications.
- The graphics display improves the understanding and visualization of two-dimensional systems that are 2D and three-dimensional as 3D objects.
- The special graphic system will help with the information to present it in a graphical way so that we can then visualize it so that we can have a better understanding instead of keeping our data in a tabular form.
- We have many different ways by which we can display our images.
- Raster scan display
- Random scan display
- Direct View Storage Tube
- flat panel display
- 3D viewing display
- Stereoscopic and virtual reality system
Pixel is the basic building block of an image. The word pixel actually came from the picture element and sometimes we can call or we can spell as PEL which is the picture element or pixel.
What is pixel
- A pixel is a small-sized object or color space that displays and detects on the screen.
- So, any image that is displayed on a monitor is thousands of pixels.
- The pixel area on the screen is the minimum area you can ignite on a computer display screen.
What is dot
- The inner surface of the monitor screen has a coat with red, green, and blue phosphorus content.
- It glows as soon as the electrons hit the stream.
- The coated material is organized into an array of millions of small cells.
- Red, green, and blue are related cells, and these color cells are usually called dots.
- Therefore, we are applying this green dot, blue dot, and red dot and include them based on their color ratio that the palette will be displayed for the pixels for which these points are.
- The screen resolution is actually determined by the number of pixels that will come in the X-axis and Y-axis of the display.