Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
Off Campus Drive 2020
IBM is hiring Data Engineer. For more such off campus drives, internships and free Udemy coupons be active on our platform.
|Job Title||IBM is Hiring Data Engineer|
|Description||As a Data Engineer, you play a vital role in building the right infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.|
|Work Location||Bangalore – INDIA|
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer, you play a vital role in building the right infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Expert in setting up effective pipelines to capture data from multiple sources into the enterprise centric storage.
- Comfortable in building effective analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into data synchronization, reporting, operational efficiency and related areas.
- Work with stakeholders including the product owner, data and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements aimed at automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Assemble large, complex data sets including legacy structured data warehouse that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to develop Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using containerization technologies.
- Solve Big Data and Distributed Data Streaming problems using latest technologies.
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manipulate, process and extract value from large disconnected datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Work on State-of-the-Art cloud technologies provided by IBM Public Cloud, RedHat, AWS & others.
- Be part of open, transparent agile teams who always thrive for continuous learning and contribute towards continuous improvement.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Possess strong knowledge in designing database models to store structured & unstructured data efficiently and in creating effective data tools for analytics experts.
- Knowledge in technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Scala, Python, etc. Knowledge in relational model databases (like DB2, MySQL, Oracle, …) and no-SQL databases (MongoDB, Elastic Search, …)
- Knowledge on enterprise data lakes, data analytics, reporting, in-memory data handling, enterprise integration tools, etc.
- Good understanding of industry best practices for data governance and security.
- Good communication skills and fluent in English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
We at IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals – a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process delivery following Agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of Digital Reinvention of key applications used within IBM providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
CIO mission is to create a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that run the business, and Innovating to transform the business.
Key focus areas are to secure the Enterprise in network security, endpoint security and data security
Transform IBM and improve collaboration and practice a culture of agile way of working.
Within the CIO, we represent the Analytic Solutions area of the Sales & Marketing Systems. Our mission is to provide business insights to our partners in sales and marketing to win in the market place through analytics solutions delivered using latest technology and based on real time, consolidated and cloud-based data.
Join Our Groups For Latest Updates
Apply Now : Click Here (Recruitment Drive link)