Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
There is a big difference between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter. This difference is captured by a large number of small objects that revolve around the Sun. These are called asteroids.
The largest asteroid is ‘Ceres’
- Comets also revolve around the Sun in highly elliptical orbits.
- A comet usually appears as a bright head with a long tail.
- The length of the tail increases in size as it approaches the Sun.
- Comet tail is always directed away from the sun
- It reappears in 2062
Meteor and meteorite
- Meteors are commonly known as shooting stars, although they are not stars
- A meteor is usually a small object that occasionally enters the Earth’s atmosphere
- This is a very high speed because the atmosphere causes friction to heat it
- Astronomical unit: It is the distance between the surface of the Earth and the Sun.
- Light years: This is the distance a light beam can travel in a year
- Parsec: It is the largest unit of length equal to 3.26 light years
The rocky part of the earth is made up of three layers.
- Layer consists of layer, layer is
- The crust consists of mountains, lakes, plateaus, valleys, oceans, seas, rivers etc.
- The thickness of the crust varies from place to place
- Three types of rocks are made of igneous sedimentary and metamorphic
- The mantle is the area located between the crust and core
- It is about 2900 km in thickness
- It is believed to be largely composed of iron and magnesium silicate.
- The core, the central part of the earth, consists of two layers, the outer core and the inner core.
- Diameter of inner core is 2600 km
- It consists mostly of iron with small amounts of nickel and silicon.