Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
Prime Minister is the head of government according to Article 15 = Lok Sabha
- Number of seats in Lok Sabha: 545outs-543 (elected) + 2 (Anglo-Indian elected by the President) -50% / 1
- The President appoints the Prime Minister and administered him the oath.
- PM’s term until the President’s decision or the dissolution of the government.
→ PM should be a member of any House (Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha)
1) A Prime Minister’s salary is excluding 1.6 lakh benefits. The PM who did not enter Parliament was “Chaudhary Charan Singh”.
→ PM’s shortest term = Atal Bihari Vajpayee (2003)
- President died during Prime Minister’s tenure, Pandit Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Lal Bahadur are
- The Council of Ministers is appointed by the President on the advice of the PM
- Part 5 – Article 74 (Cabinet Minister, Minister of State, Minister without charge (independent)).
- Prior to 91 unlimited above miniskirt but according to 91st amendment (AB-Vajpayee): 20, the minister has about 81.
- The role of A-153- 167 (Part VI) was taken from the state of Canada.
- A-153 – Governors are appointed for each state or more than one state
- A-155- Appointment of Governor. Appointed by the President with the suggestion of the Prime Minister.
- A-159-The oath is administered by the Chief Justice of the High Court with the President’s seal.
- Qualification required – Indian citizen, bankrupt, mentally stable, not resident in the state.
- Tenure (5 years maximum) will be happy.
- The salary of the governor is 3.5lathlm
- Function: -1) Legislative power: Meeting and 1/6 member appointed in Legislative Council and 1 angle-Indian Legislative Assembly. 2) Ordinary Bill
3) Money Bills 4) Financial Bills
5) Executive power: Advocate-General (LA & LC 🙂 can participate outside it. The Vice Chancellor of the University is appointed by the Governor.
Judicial powers. — The judges of the High Court are administered oath by the President. A-161 can reduce imprisonment.
Sarkaria Commission 1983 requested not to keep the governors.