Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
Databases are computer structures that protect, organize, protect, and distribute data.
Types of DBMS:
- Text database
- Desktop database
- Relational Database Management System
- Object-oriented database
Today our topic is RDBMS:
- A short definition of RDMS can be a DBMS in which data is stored as tables and the relationship between the data is also stored as tables.
- EF Codd, the famous mathematician, has introduced 12 rules for relational models for databases commonly known as codd’s rules.
- The rules primarily define what is required for a DBMS to be considered relational, i e .., an RDMS.
- integrity constraints
- Logical and physical data independence
- High-end inserts, updates and deletes
- Access the database using a common language (SQL)
- Handling of null values
- Information rules – all data is represented only in one way (rows and columns)
- Data must be accessible with ambiguity
- Oracle Corporation’s Oracle Products
- IBM DB2 IBM Product
- Microsoft SQL Server Products from Microsoft
- Somatic product
- SAP Sybase Products
- Red Hat Linux
- The windows
- Suse Linux
RDBMS-Client Server Architecture:
HeyRACLE DATABASE Server:
Gets file request from customers, sends files to customers, receives files back from customers.
- Client A (User 1): Sends a SQL request to the server, receives files from the server, updates the data, sends the file back to the server.
- Client B (User 2): Sends a SQL request to the server, receives files from the server, updates the data, sends the file back to the server.
- Data in the database is stored in tables as rows and columns.
- Tables are objects created inside datafiles
- A database is a collection of many data files.
- Binary Integer: To store signed integers on a binary integer datatype.
- Date: Date datatype to store fixed length datasets
- Long: Long data type to store variable-length character strings. The long data type is like a varchar2 datatype, except that the maximum value of the long value is 32760 bytes.
- NChar: To store multi-byte fixed-length character data. It is similar to only four differences, it is used to store characters from different languages like Japanese, Chinese, etc.
- None of the characters it can be stored depends on the language.
- Binary Large Object: A column or variable of type BLOB can store up to 4 GB of binary data in each record.
- Character Large Object: A column or type of CLOB can store up to 4GB of character data in each record.
- Bearer: It can store a file of 4GB size outside the database for each record and refer to it from inside the database.
Critical Point (LOB):
- This type of column or variable can only be accessed using the Oracle package DBMS_LOB.
- It should only be used when a large amount of data needs to be stored in each record of a table.
- You should avoid unnecessary use of the lobe.