Hey all, Welcome to Geeksforjobs
About Us :As one of the world’s largest retailers and the largest private employer in the United Kingdom (second largest after the UK government) Tesco serves millions of customers a week in our stores and online portal. Tesco Bengaluru is the only international technology and retail operations centre for Tesco worldwide – we make the Tesco experience better for millions of our customers and simpler for over 4,60,000 colleagues around the world. Established in 2004, Tesco Bengaluru is pivotal to Tesco, and we enable its business with our expertise in technology, business operations, property, finance and commercial services.
Qualification : Any Graduate
Location : Home Office
Roles and Responsibility :
Systems Engineer II
Job Title :Systems Engineer II
Work Level 2 :Reports into Systems Engineering
Manager Date : 19/10/2019
Job Location -Tesco Bengaluru
Location: Tesco Bengaluru
|Job Title||Systems Engineer II|
|Description||Systems Engineers work with knowledge of specific infrastructure specialism, and responsible for the entire development and support process for that specialism. You?re responsible for delivering quality solutions for colleagues and customers alike, with the impact ranging from saving time, effort or money to re-defining normal.|
|Estimated salary||Per month – [ Best in industry ] (INR)|
|Work Location||[ Bangalore ] –|
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
Systems Engineers work with knowledge of specific infrastructure specialism, and responsible for the entire development and support process for that specialism. You?re responsible for delivering quality solutions for colleagues and customers alike, with the impact ranging from saving time, effort or money to re-defining normal.
You have knowledge of latest technology trends, expertise & practical knowledge of the types of systems, infrastructure & applications used within Tesco.
In this job, I
– Coach and mentor system engineers across Technology who are at a more junior level. I ensure that my own team?s area of technology is of a high quality and I understand the impacts to any other areas.
– Introduce automation to all aspects of my day to day work.
– Contribute to the Roadmap in my own technology area.
– Evaluate new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
– Produce Proof of Concepts for area of Infrastructure.
– Architect, design and deliver solutions using existing components where new technologies are being introduced. I implement them and establish best practice for their adoption.
– Will have a range of technical skills (for each area) including:
– Network ? Routing & Switching, Network Security, DNS, DHCP, Proxy, CDN, SDN
– General skill – DevOps tools, Scripting, Version control, Monitorin
– I resolve incidents that have not been seen before and initiate change to ensure that issues can be easily dealt with in future
– Lead group design discussions on my area of expertise and be able to present with authority to a variety of audiences.
– Understand and drive priorities towards Infrastructure strategy and programme.
– Design improvement to any support processes and drive Root cause analysis through vendors and service providers
– Keep my technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
– Implement changes successfully and aware of the change management processes
– Datacentre network technologies including routing & switching, Load balancer technologies, network security devices, monitoring and management tools.
– Experience in Design & Implementation of WAN Networks involving BGP and IGP (OSPF, EIGRP) protocols.
– Experience in Design & Implementation of Data Centre Networks involving Cisco Nexus, Arista & Advanced Switching technologies (FHRP / VPC / VDC/MLAG )
– Hands-on experience of developing and executing automated tests on switches, NICs or other networking platforms.
– Proficient in scripting languages such as Shell or Python. Ability to develop test strategy and test plan.
– Write programs/scripts to automate switch configuration or statistics extraction based tasks.
– Tools/Utilities : DHCP/DNS, Git, Network automation tools, netflow
– Virtualization experience (kubernates or ESX a plus) , Vmware/NSX and Containers (Dockers)
– Understanding of Open Stack internals and components (Neutron, Nova etc) and API
– Understanding open vswitch and VXLAN is a plus
Educational Qualifications: Engineering / Science Graduate/ Diploma
– Years of Experience: 10+
Key people and teams I work within and outside of Tesco
– Product Managers
– Software Engineers
– Technical Programme Managers
– Colleagues and business stakeholders across Tesco
– Suppliers and 3rd parties
– People, budgets and other resources I am accountable for in my job
No direct line management responsibility in this role
Skills relevant for the job
– Stakeholder management
– Technical skills as appropriate to specialism
– Understanding of networks, operating systems and databases
– Technical skills in DevOps tools, scripting and version control.
Experience relevant for this job
– Previous experience delivering infrastructure solutions
– Automating Solutions
– Design, build & supporting complex system engineering applications/solutions
Skills Required: Routing Switching, Firewalls, Load balancers
For more such updates:
FOR OFF CAMPUS DRIVE JOIN OUR : WHATSAPP GROUP
FOR INTERNSHIP DRIVE JOIN OUR : WHATSAPP GROUP
OR OFF CAMPUS DRIVE/INTERNSHIP JOIN OUR : TELEGRAM GROUP
Apply Now : Click_Here! ( TESCO Application Link!)